Friday, February 18, 2011

Link Up! FLAVORFUL FRIDAYS: Filipino Chicken {Inihaw na Manok}





This chicken was SOOO good, so FLAVORFUL! I let my chicken thighs marinade all day then grilled them off, and simmered down the leftover marinade (yes it's OK to reuse as long as you boil/reduce it down). This reminded me of a teriyaki/adobe recipe but with lighter flavors. I will be grilling this up again and again. Remember the Ramen noodle stir fry I made, I used leftover of this in it.

Filipino Chicken Barbecue, Inihaw na Manok
as seen here

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 bay leaves, torn or crushed
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
12 oz. 7-Up or Sprite
5 pounds chicken leg quarters or your preferred chicken pieces, preferably dark meat, cleaned and trimmed of excess fat

In a large container that can hold the chicken pieces, combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours.

Take the chicken out and transfer the pieces to a large plate. While waiting for the chicken to come to room temperature, pour the marinade into a small sauce pan (or discard the marinade and pour the additional reserved marinade into a sauce pan) and boil over medium heat until the marinade is reduced to a sticky syrup.

Heat your grill to 350 degrees or medium heat. Grill chicken pieces, bone side down, for about 8 minutes, then reduce the grill temperature to 275 degrees. Continue grilling bone side down for about 20 minutes, basting once. Flip the pieces over and grill for another 20 minutes, basting occasionally. Continue grilling, flipping, and basting until chicken is fully cooked. Check for doneness by piercing the joint to ensure juices run clear, or until chicken reaches 163F internal temperature.

Take chicken off the grill, tent with foil, and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.



Remember way back, I did a review on a Grill Daddy brush, boy I sure needed it after grilling this chicken! I love that thing, it really does work great! (you'll have to watch my video on it too!)


Mommy? Im Hungry!



Let's keep this going! If you'd like to share a Flavorful dish, and I hope that you do, please use my button above on your post and link up below with the title of your dish and the URL (please link directly to the recipe). I look forward to seeing your recipes and perhaps finding something new to make for my family! = )




~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

1 Comments:

Leslie said...

Ohh I so need one of those grill brushes. My grill is awful! Love the chicken..an all day marinade is awesome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...