Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Honey Grilled Pork Chops


If you've followed me from the beginning of MIH (wow almost 4 years.), you may have seen these posted at my old url address (they're still there, but let's share them here too). I love these pork chops, the curry and pineapple is sooo good. If you can, cut fresh pineapple for this, even better. These are a tried and true recipe, I've been making these for a good 15 years. So get your grill fired up, get your favorite pork chop cut and give these a try.

Honey Grilled Pork Chops

4 pork chops
8 oz can sliced pineapple in juice (but fresh is so much better, and just puree some of the pineapple for juice)
1/3 Cup honey
1 Tbl. prepared mustard
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce

Prepare marinade, using pineapple juice, combine with honey, mustard, curry powder, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Mix well. Set aside about 2 Tbl. Add pork chops to the marinade, and allow to sit for 30 minutes, turning to coat. Grill chops about 4-6 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade. Add pineapple slices to grill in the last 5 minutes.









~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

6 Comments:

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That looks so delicious with the pork and pineapple. I've tried apple with pork but never thought to try pineapple. I hope you can stop by and share this delicious grilling recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day, Rachelle :)
Katie

Unknown said...

that looks yum! I'm not a curry fan, what could I substitute for a punch of flavor?

Rachelle S said...

Melinda, I am not a big curry flavor fan either, but I say give this recipe a try. It combined with the other flavors is wonderful. Maybe you could put 1/2 tsp in.

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Rachelle- Thanks for stopping in to show off your pork chops recipe at These Chicks Cook. Hope you can come back by and share another recipe Wednesday. Enjoy your weekend :)
Katie

Emma Rose said...

Looks gorgeous! Can't wait to try this recipe. Great share, thanks!

Donna said...

This was incredible and easy! My husband couldn’t stop raving about it! We’ll definitely make this again! The marinade was delicious, even though I just used a can of pineapple. I marinated the chops in a zip lock bag for about 45 minutes. Boil and cook down the marinade after putting the pork chops on the grill until it thickens a little.
The marinade is too good not to use as a sauce. Don't just hold out only 2 tbsps. Use as much as you can. Next time, I think I'll add more curry. Thanks for the great recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...