Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pimiento Cheese Spread


 Ahhh pimiento cheese spread! Remember that stuff from the little glass jars from like the 70s? That's what I grew up eating. We're not Southern so we never had the real deal. So this recipe came about while watching a food tv show, she made pimiento cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches and served with a homemade tomato soup. It sounded delicious so I decided to make it. I found four recipes and took something from each to combine them. As I was making it I realized it was very similar to my cheese ball recipe I've always made!

This is a versatile recipe, serve with crackers, veggies or do what I loved most...make a grilled cheese sandwich with it! I liked it best at a cool room temperature, it's easier to spread.



Pimiento Cheese Recipe 
adapted from Food Network, Southern Living, Deep South Dish and The Pioneer Woman

8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 TBL Dijon mustard
1 tsp. onion, finely grated
1/2 tsp. (gf) Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces sharp Cheddar, shredded
8 ounces Jack, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces, Sliced Pimientos, drained and diced

Combine all (except pimientos) and mix with a mixer until sooth. Stir in pimientos. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Use in celery sticks or make as grilled cheese sandwiches.


I grew up eating it in celery sticks. My kids loved these!

I used a gluten free bread for my sandwich, YUM!


 enjoy,
Pin It!

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachelle,
First, all your recipes are delicious! but 2nd and so important is the fact that you have printer friendly recipes that allow me to delete any part of the recipe or pictures (as lovely as they are)which I so appreciate. I use many of your recipes in my small café in Mexico and so many websites do not have a print option which means I can't use them. I need to have the recipe in front of me! So, many many thanks! Marlowe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...